I’m Imani Lewis,
a senior at Rust College, proud legacy member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., and an AVID (Advanced via Individual Determination) alumni from Thornton Township High School.
My beloved sorority was founded in 1913 by 22 outstanding women focusing on scholarship, service, and sisterhood. Today, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. currently has 1,000 collegiate and alumnae chapters in the United States, Canada, Japan (Tokyo and Okinawa), Germany, the Virgin Islands, Bermuda, the Bahamas, Jamaica, and the Republic of Korea. As an extension of the beautiful legacy our founders have left us, I wanted to do a personal service project for my 22nd birthday on 1/12/22. As such, I am launching the Elephant Entelligence Scholarship, a merit-based scholarship for high school seniors enrolled in the AVID college preparatory program at Thornton Township High School. The applicant must plan to further their educational career at an HBCU in the fall of 2022 or spring of 2023.
Elephant Entelligence will award two $222 scholarships to be used to support college expenses. We have partnered with Henry Williams Love Foundation, a 501c3 organization, to help guide the scholarship application and serve as the fiscal agent for the disbursement of funds. The application period opens October 22, 2021, and closes November 22, 2021. Scholarship winners will be announced on 1/12/22.
- Applicant must be a current student in good standing at Thornton High School and a participating member of the AVID college preparatory program.
- Applicant must plan to attend an HBCU with attendance for the Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 semester. (Award will be distributed upon receipt of verification of attendance from HBCU)
- A valid gmail account is required for application.
- Application questions can be previewed here: https://bit.ly/Elephant22.
- Application must be completed and submitted in one sitting.
- Incomplete applications or those that lack effort and information will not be considered.
- Applications must be submitted online via the application link.
- Special needs accommodations can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be screened and reviewed by Imani Lewis and members of the Board of Directors of Henry Williams Love Foundation.
- Applications will be scored using a weighted matrix based on the application sections.
- Applicants will not receive feedback on their applications or their application score.
- Applications must be submitted by 11:22 pm on 11/22/21.
- Please do not contact Imani Lewis or Henry Williams Love Foundation to inquire about the status of your application. All applicants will be notified of their status by 1/2/22.
- For questions, please email email@example.com and put “Elephant Entelligence” in the subject line.
GOOD LUCK to all of the applicants!
If you are interested in donating to this cause, please click the “donations” button at
http://www.henrywilliamslove.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org
and put “Scholarship Donation” in the subject line.