On Friday, 10/19/18, The Shuri Project participated in the Black Girl Ventures Pitch Competition. Black Girl Ventures is the brain child of founder Shelly Bell. The completion was held at Google’s Chicago headquarters and the room was packed! The BGV Pitch Competition is a crowdfunding meets pitch competition. We charge a nominal admission fee for attendees, then the money raised is giving to the winner of the competition.
- Each founder has 3 minutes to pitch and a 3 minute Q&A from the audience.
- The audience votes and the winners are chosen.
- There will be a first and second place winner.
- A meeting with an investor (1st place only)
- Funding collected from the event and/or sponsor (1st place only)
- Dedicated consulting from BICTech for 3 months (DC Only)
- A free accountant consultation for your business or brand
- A free consultation with a lawyer
- Free business coaching
- $3K in Google Cloud Credits
- All 8 participants will become a part of the BGV Cohort access to resources and exclusive updates
The Shuri Project along with nine other business completed their pitches and took really good questions from the audience. At the completion, an electronic vote was taken among the eligible voting audience members and The Shuri Project scored second place. It was an exciting experience and we learned a lot, which will prepare HWLF for future pitching of the program. We are thankful for this opportunity and appreciate all of the encouragement and networking connections that were made. To learn more about The Shuri Project or to inquire about partnership, please contact President and CEO-Kyla Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.